5.7 tpi
N/A
N/A
N/A

Problem Information

N/A
N/A
N/A
pulled unit out of car completly disassemed found band and drum wiped out 3to4 clutches destroyed performed complete overhaul with new converter and sk 700 shift kit
no codes

Problem

Original Customer Complaint:
transmisson slips in all gears fluid blowing out dipstick
Current Customer Complaint:
after overhaul installed unit back into car now have delayed reverse soft slidy up shifts kick down somtimes 3rd gear there sometimes and no 4th
Work Completed This Visit:
installed pressure guage in park no load pressure is erratic the neddle bounces any where from 100 psi down to 30psi the reading is never stabilized pressure guage neddle bounces allover the place. when i installed the shift kit i ground off 2nd land of pr valve accidentilay got happy with grinder nicked the 3rd land a little bit dont know if this is causing my problem or not.I know once i get the pressures right the unit will work fine. Dont know what to do next do i pull the unit back out to look at the pump assembly or do i go after revese boost valve and sleeve and tv boost valve and sleeve in the pr set up or is it something i induced with shift kit? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Summary:
customer changed trans pan few months back ran over something does this year corvette use different pan and filter than regular 700s?

Update

all set bought the painless kit

Problem Fix

Login Now to read this Fix
Login now to view the comments
closed w/fix
Subscribe for updates

Vehicle Data
1985 CHEVROLET CORVETTE

Mileage 81235 Miles
Engine 5.7 tpi
Trans N/A